Sunday, March 25, 2012

Playing with the past

Digging through old photos, I found one of myself with some close childhood friends...our baby goats.  This picture was taken in 1983 by my neighbor, Eddie, an older fellow with a very warm heart who I thought of as a grandfather.  Many years later, when I could appreciate such things, he gave me this photo and it is still one of my favorites.  My daughter is only slightly younger than I was in the picture, so seeing her interact with our baby goats and generous neighbors is very much like stepping into the past to relive my childhood.
  
Until recently, I hadn't noticed the detailed shadow cast onto the wall behind me.  We don't own any good picture editing programs, but I fiddled with it enough in Paint to produce a draft logo for our little farm.
I have one more (completely different) idea for a logo, but it's going to take more playtime.  What do you think?  My husband says it's weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment